Puxuan Yu, 余璞轩
Hi there. I am a second-year MS/Ph.D. student from the Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval, and College of Information and Computer Sciences at University of Massachusetts Amherst. My advisor is Prof. James Allan.
My research interests lay in the intersection of information retrieval, machine learning and knowledge discovery.
Most recently, I am focused on (1) neural models for ad-hoc mono-lingual and cross-lingual IR; and (2) representation learning for personalized product search and recommendation. My past research projects include (1) intent-aware privacy protection for personalized web search; and (2) entity-related retrieval and extraction from unstructured data.
Corpus-based Set Expansion with Lexical Features and Distributed Representations.
Puxuan Yu, Zhiqi Huang, Negin Rahimi, James Allan.
The 42nd International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR), short paper, 2019.
Hide-n-Seek: An Intent-aware Privacy Protection Plugin for Personalized Web Search.
Puxuan Yu, Wasi Ahmed, Hongning Wang.
The 41st International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR), demo paper, 2018.
- CIIR, CICS, UMass Amherst, MS/PhD Sep. 2018 - Present
- HCDM Group, UVa, Research Intern Jul. - Sep. 2017
- SCS, Wuhan University, B.Eng Sep. 2014 - Jun. 2018
- Search Engines (COMPSCI-446 @ UMass) Spring 2019
- Computer Literacy (COMPSCI-105 @ UMass) Fall 2018
- 🏠 I spent the first 22 years of my life in my hometown, Wuhan, China, until I joined UMass.
- 🎵 I started to play drums at age 6, and now I play for the Neural Nightmare.
- 🏸 I am a huge fan of the Boston Celtics 🏀 and Tottenham Hotspur ⚽.
- 📷 My favorite thing to do is photographing cityscapes.