This is Pu-xuan Yu (in Chinese “余璞轩”). I am a second-year MS/PhD student from the Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval, and College of Information and Computer Sciences at University of Massachusetts Amherst. My advisor is Prof. James Allan.
My research interests lay in the intersection of information retrieval, knowledge discovery, and machine learning.
Most recently, I am focused on (1) entity-related retrieval and extraction from free text and the Web; and (2) cross-lingual information retrieval (CLIR) for low-resource languages.
- Puxuan Yu, Zhiqi Huang, Negin Rahimi, James Allan. "Corpus-based Set Expansion with Lexical Features and Distributed Representations". The 42nd International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2019).
- Puxuan Yu, Wasi Ahmed, Hongning Wang. "Hide-n-Seek: An Intent-aware Privacy Protection Plugin for Personalized Web Search". The 41st International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2018).
- CICS, UMass Amherst, MS/PhD Sep. 2018 - Present
- HCDM Group, UVa, Research Intern Jul. - Sep. 2017
- SCS, Wuhan University, B.Eng Sep. 2014 - Jun. 2018
- Search Engines (COMPSCI-446 @ UMass) Spring 2019
- Computer Literacy (COMPSCI-105 @ UMass) Fall 2018
- 🏠 I spent the first 22 years of my life in my hometown, Wuhan, China, until I joined UMass.
- 🎵 I lstarted to play drums at age 6, and used to produce EDM during undergrad.
- 🏸 I am a huge fan of the Boston Celtics 🏀 and Tottenham Hotspur ⚽.
- 📷 My favorite thing to do is photographing cityscapes.