This page is a master list of all assignments and due dates for the course. It will be updated as assignments are made available.
Assignments are due at 9pm, unless otherwise noted.
Solutions, when available, are password-protected; the course username and password are on the Moodle site.
Note that the estimated time to complete each assignment is just that: an estimate. It assumes that you are a competent Python programmer, and that you have had no difficulty with in-class content and prior assignments. If these assumptions are not true, you will want to budget more time. In particular, don’t take an estimated time of, say, an hour to mean that it’s OK to start at 8pm on the due date. Start assignments early so the course staff can clarify points of confusion for you and give you time to complete the assignment.
- Due Jan 30 Wed: Assignment 01: Intro
- Due Feb 06 Wed: Assignment 02: Hexdump [solution]
- Due Feb 13 Wed: Assignment 03: Introduction to Digital Forensics [solution]
- Due Feb 13 Wed: Assignment 04: Strings
- Due Feb 20 Wed: Assignment 05: Search, Possession, NITs
- Due Feb 22 Fri: Assignment 06: JPEG and EXIF
- Midterm 1 Feb 28 Thu (in class)
- Midterm 2 Apr 11 Thu (in class)
- Final Exam May 08 Wed 10:30am in Goessman Lab 20