I was a MS/PhD student at the College of Information and Computer Sciences at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. I worked in the Database Group with Prof. Gerome Miklau and Prof. Alexandra Meliou. I recently joined Microsoft Research DMX Group as a Research SDE.
140 Governors Drive University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003 US
Research Assisstant, Supervised by Prof. Gerome Miklau & Prof. Alexandra Meliou• 09/2011 - 08/2017
• Implemented a prototype system to estimate the runtime and financial cost of running a Hadoop
program in the cloud
• Proposed a model that can model mapper/reducer concurrency in MapReduce
• Developed a log parser to analyze Hadoop logs
Research Intern, Supervised by Dr. Yeye He• 05/2016 - 08/2016
• Implemented a prototype system to extract relational data from the web
Software Engineering Intern, Supervised by Dr. Lin Qiao• 06/2014 - 09/2014
• Implemented a prototype system to generate distributed workflow execution plan
Research Intern, Supervised by Dr. Haixun Wang • 02/2010 - 09/2010
• Implemented a prototype system to perform concept-based web search, which is not supported by major search engines. A related paper has been accepted by ER’12.
• Received “Stars of Tomorrow” certificate at MSRA for excellent performance
Undergraduate Research Assistant, Supervised by Prof. Shuigeng Zhou • 09/2008 - 12/2009
• Participated in the research project on data management in P2P networks. Implemented a DHT-based index and wrote a paper as a co-author. The paper has been accepted by TPDS.
ACM-ICPC Northeast US Regional Preliminary Competition • 2011
Microsoft Research Asia • 2010
East China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling • 2009
Fudan University • 2008
ACM-ICPC Regional Contests • 2007
National Olympiad in Informatics• 2006