Hi, I'm a first-year Computer Science PhD Student at UMass Amherst advised by Prof. Andrew McCallum. My research interests involve Natural Language Processing, especially commonsense knowlegde reasoning.
- To make machines understand human commonsense better, by improve the coverage of human-curated resources.
- Experienced several neural network architectures, including deep neural network, LSTM and so on using Theano and Lasagna
- Details Here: http://ttic.uchicago.edu/~kgimpel/commonsense.html
Serendipitous Recommendation via User’s Recent Research Interests
- Constructed researchers’ basic profiles from Google Scholar etc more than 5 data resources.
- Integrated the basic profile with other features regarding the most dissimilar researcher from a group of similar researchers. Recommendation result is obtained by calculating cosine similarity on TF-IDF matrix representations.
Stock Return Prediction based on Patents and Twitter
- Designed stock prediction model using kernel SVM, logistic regression and decision trees with features extracted from twitter and patents data.
- Performed LDA topic model and dynamic topic model on patents data to extract patent features and preformed sentiment analysis on twitter data to extract twitter features.
- Based on our model’s trading decision on Google, Microsoft and Yahoo stock from January to June 2015, investors will benefit 1.05% to 1.25%.
Linear equation solvers Implementation on GPU
- I was one of the eight undergraduates selected from China as part of the UA intern program.
- Implemented three linear equation solvers on GPU and perform efficiency tests to determine the best one to be used in energy systems.
- Details Here: Linear Equation Solvers Comparasion
I love trying new things and chanllange myself everyday. So I went to many places and try to make beautiful memories for all of them.
Here are some selections from my pictures. I'm hoping to make more memories in the near future about my academic life!
Address: 9 Brandywine, Amherst, MA