Hi, I'm a second-year Computer Science PhD Student at UMass Amherst advised by Prof. Andrew McCallum. My research interests involve Natural Language Processing, especially commonsense knowledge reasoning.
- Recent work in learning ontologies (hierarchical and partially-ordered structures) has leveraged the intrinsic geometry of spaces of learned representations to make predictions that automatically obey complex structural constraints.
- We explore two extensions of one such model, the order-embedding (Vendrov et al.) model for hierarchical relation learning, with an aim towards improved performance on text data for commonsense knowledge representation.
- To make machines understand human commonsense better, by improve the coverage of human-curated resources.
- Experienced several neural network architectures, including deep neural network, LSTM and so on using Theano and Lasagna
- Details Here: http://ttic.uchicago.edu/~kgimpel/commonsense.html
Serendipitous Recommendation via User’s Recent Research Interests
- Constructed researchers’ basic profiles from Google Scholar etc more than 5 data resources.
- Integrated the basic profile with other features regarding the most dissimilar researcher from a group of similar researchers. Recommendation result is obtained by calculating cosine similarity on TF-IDF matrix representations.
Stock Return Prediction based on Patents and Twitter
- Designed stock prediction model using kernel SVM, logistic regression and decision trees with features extracted from twitter and patents data.
- Performed LDA topic model and dynamic topic model on patents data to extract patent features and preformed sentiment analysis on twitter data to extract twitter features.
- Based on our model’s trading decision on Google, Microsoft and Yahoo stock from January to June 2015, investors will benefit 1.05% to 1.25%.
Linear equation solvers Implementation on GPU
- I was one of the eight undergraduates selected from China as part of the UA intern program.
- Implemented three linear equation solvers on GPU and perform efficiency tests to determine the best one to be used in energy systems.
- Details Here: Linear Equation Solvers Comparasion
I love trying new things and challenge myself everyday. Here are some selections from my pictures. I'm hoping to make more memories in the near future about my academic life!
Address: 9 Brandywine, Amherst, MA