PhD student in Computer Science
University of Massachusetts Amherst
I am a PhD student in the College of Information and Computer Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
I did my undergraduate studies in Computer Science at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras in Chennai, India.
am was advised by Prof. Peter Haas and Prof. Yanlei Diao.
New graduate students: avoid joining faculty with a "50-50" appointment. It might be 90-10 in favor of the non-UMass University.
Check out my LinkedIn page for more information about me. I am on the job market starting Dec'21.
- Summer 2021: Joining Adobe Research over the summer.
- April 2020: Joined the Amazon Alexa team for the summer.
- August 2019: Awarded Paul Utgoff Memorial Scholarship in ML.
- Summer 2019: Worked at IBM Research Almaden for a summer internship.
- January 2019: Participated in North East Database Day 2019 at MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Shivam Srivastava, Shiladitya Pande, Sayan Ranu, Geo-social Clustering of Places from Check-in Data, in ICDM, 2015 (Short Paper). (AR: 18.2%)