- Fundamental ideas
- Should be at a high level
- Discuss any original ideas in formulation or
- More specific
- Highlight the progress made
- Scope and significance of the results, etc.
Questions for clarification or discussion
Note: in addition to papers that present novel researh, we will also
be doing some background reading (surveys, book chapters, etc.) in
ecology and stats. Discussion of "contributions" and "limitations"
may seem less relevant, e.g., for a book chapter, but you should
still try to comment on the importance and relevance of the ideas
being presented in relation to a broader body of work.
- General criticism: scope, problems with the
- Specific comments: quality of presented results,...