Theory Seminar Schedule: Fall 2003
The Seminar takes place on Tuesdays, from 4:00 to 5:20 in CMSCI 140
(the small classroom of the CMP SCI building).
- September 23: David Barrington: "Functions Computable in
- September 30: Mikkel Thorup: "Space Efficient Dynamic Stabbing
with Fast Queries"
- October 7: Matt Yurkewych: "Optimal Schedules for Some Common
Computation-Dags on the Internet"
- October 14: Junning Liu: "Load Balancing in Hypercubic
Distributed Hash Tables with Heterogeneous Nodes"
- October 21: Ileana Streinu: "Points in motion"
- October 28: Arnold Rosenberg: "How to Share a Bag of Tasks
Optimally in a Heterogeneous Cluster --- Three Models, Three Answers"
- November 4: No seminar
- November 11: No seminar
- November 18: Ying Gong: "The Master-Slave Paradigm with
- November 25: Richard Chang: "Complexity of Group Membership and Iterated
Product Problems on Groups Given as Multiplication Tables"
- December 2: Kazu Hirata: "The Correlation Between Parity and Quadratic Polynomials Mod 3."
- December 9: Ramesh Sitaraman: "Designing Overlay Multicast Networks for Live Stream Delivery"
If you would like to speak at the seminar, send mail to