I am a Ph.D. candidate in the College of Information and Computer Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. I am a member of the DREAM Lab, where I am co-advised by Prof. Peter J. Haas, Prof. Alexandra Meliou, and Prof. Azza Abouzied (NYU Abu Dhabi). My research interests include data management, information retrieval and natural language processing.
During summer 2017, I interned at Microsoft Research, in the Data Management, Exploration and Mining (DMX) group. During summer 2016, I interned at IBM Watson. During spring 2016, I visited NYU Abu Dhabi, UAE. During summer 2015, I visited the AMPLab at the University of California, Berkeley. During my Master's studies, I visited the Data-Intensive Systems group at Aarhus University, Denmark. During my Bachelor's studies, I interned in the Database Lab at the University of California, Riverside.
- Stochastic Package Queries in Probabilistic Databases . SIGMOD 2020. Paper
- Scalable Computation of High-Order Optimization Queries . Communications of the ACM (CACM) 2019. CACM Research Highlight
- Package queries: efficient and scalable computation of high-order constraints . The VLDB Journal 2018 (Special Issue on Best Papers of VDLB 2016). Pre-print (Final publication available at link.springer.com)
- A Scalable Execution Engine for Package Queries . SIGMOD Record 2017. ACM SIGMOD Research Highlight — Award website Paper
- Redistributing Funds across Charitable Crowdfunding Campaigns . CoRR abs/1706.00070, 2017. Paper
- Scalable Package Queries in Relational Database Systems . VLDB 2016. Best papers of VDLB 2016 Paper — Paper (Extended Version on arXiv) — Poster — Slides
- Improving Package Recommendations through Query Relaxation . Data4U 2014 at VLDB 2014. Paper — Slides
- PackageBuilder: From Tuples to Packages . VLDB 2014. Paper — Poster — Challenge Poster
- PackageBuilder: Querying for packages of Tuples . SIGMOD 2014. Undergraduate Research Poster
- Metric Spaces for Temporal Information Retrieval . ECIR 2014. Paper — Slides
- Recognising and Interpreting Named Temporal Expressions . RANLP 2013. Best Young Researcher award nominee Paper