I'm a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science at UMass Amherst starting September 2018.
Here is my old page at the Politehnica University of Timișoara, Romania
University of Massachusetts
College of Information and Computer Sciences
140 Governors Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-4610
Office: LGRC A261
- COMPSCI 250 Introduction to Computer Science, Spring 2019 - co-taught with Swarna Reddy
- COMPSCI 311 Introduction to Algorithms, Spring 2019, section 2; (Section 1 taught by Dan Sheldon)
- COMPSCI 501 Formal Language Theory, Spring 2019
- COMPSCI 250 Introduction to Computer Science, Fall 2018 - co-taught with David Mix Barrington
- COMPSCI 311 Introduction to Algorithms, Fall 2018
My research is at the intersection of formal verification (in particular, model checking), security, and software engineering.
I am interested in formal techniques to analyze the correctness and security of software systems, and in detection of errors and vulnerabilities using techniques like symbolic execution and fuzzing.
Past research projects
SPaCIoS: Secure Provision and Consumption in the Internet of Services (EU FP7 project, 2011-2013)
Rich-Model Toolkit, COST Action IC0901 (2009-2013)
AVANTSSAR: Automated Validation of Trust and Security of Service-oriented Architectures (EU FP7 project, 2008-2010)
Formal Verification of Object-Oriented Software, COST Action IC0701 (2008-2012)
CONQUERS: Continuous Quality Evaluaton and Restructuring of Software (Romanian national research grant, 2007-2010)
Practical Formal Verification Using Automated Reasoning and Model Checking (INTAS project, 2006-2009)
ARTIST2/ARTIST Design FP6/FP7 Network of Excellence on Embedded Systems Design
Last modified: Mon Jan 21 12:50:30 EST 2019