I am a retired lecturer and senior software
engineer with the Center for
Intelligent Information Retrieval who worked with the Lemur Toolkit for
Language Modeling and Information Retrieval primarily on the Indri search engine.
Sometimes I think the lemur is watching me work.
|I also count things.
Various attributed and unattributed quotes
- If you can't listen, you can feel!
- -- Grandma
- Never try to teach a pig to sing. It only wastes your time and annoys
- -- unknown
- I applied for a job with the Postal Service.
They said I seemed a little too unstable.
- -- dmf
- Jerry's dead. Phish sucks. Get a life.
- -- internet report of a
I've said this before now, You said I was childish and you'll say it
- -- Sinead O'Connor, Black Boys on Mopeds
- I could leave but I'll just stay.
All my stuff is here anyway
- -- Barenaked Ladies, Pinch Me
- Laugh while you can, monkey boy.
- -- Emilio Lizardo
M.S. University of California, Berkeley (1994)
B.S. University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Summa Cum Laude, Commonwealth Scholar. (1992)
CIIR home page
Last modified May 10, 2022 / David Fisher / firstname.lastname@example.org