CMPSCI 401: Theory of Computation
Practice for Second Midterm Exam
David Mix Barrington
4 April 2008
- Answer the problems on the exam pages.
- There are seven problems,
for 120 total points.
Probable scale is somewhere around A=105, C=70.
- If you need extra space use the back of a page.
- No books, notes, calculators, or collaboration.
- The first four problems are true/false, with five points for the
correct boolean answer and up to five for a convincing justification
(proof, counterexample, quotation of result from lecture, etc.)
Q1: 10 points
Q2: 10 points
Q3: 10 points
Q4: 10 points
Q5: 20 points
Q6: 30 points
Q7: 30 points
Total: 120 points
A few inconsequential typos were corrected on 6 April.