CMPSCI 251: Mathematics of Computation
First Midterm Exam
David Mix Barrington
23 February 2007
- Answer the problems on the exam pages.
- There are seven problems on pages 2-7,
for 100 total points.
Probable scale is A=90, C=60.
- If you need extra space use the back of a page.
- No books, notes, calculators, or collaboration.
- The first five questions are true/false, with five points for the correct
boolean answer and up to five for a correct justification.
- Question 6 has numerical answers -- you may give your answer in the form
of an expression using arithmetic operations, powers, falling powers, or the
factorial function. If you give your answer using the "choose" notation, also
give it using only operations on this list.
Q1: 10 points
Q2: 10 points
Q3: 10 points
Q4: 10 points
Q5: 10 points
Q6: 30 points
Q7: 20 points
Total: 100 points
Last modified 25 February 2007