CMPSCI 250: Introduction to Computation
David Mix Barrington
Homework Assignment #1
Posted Tuesday 24 January 2012
Due on paper in lecture, Friday 3 February 2011.
There are eleven questions for 60 total points plus 10 extra credit.
All are from
Mathematical Foundation for Computer Science. Note that the book has
both Exercises and Problems -- make sure you are doing a Problem and not the
Exercise with the same number. The number in parentheses following each problem
is its individual point value.
Students are responsible for understanding and following
the academic honesty
policies indicated on this page.
- Problem 1.1.1 (5)
- Problem 1.1.3 (5)
- Problem 1.2.7 part (a) and (c) only (10)
- Problem 1.4.1 (5)
- Problem 1.4.3 (5)
- Problem 1.4.8 (10 extra credit)
- Problem 1.5.1 parts (d,e) only (5)
- Problem 1.5.2 parts (d,e) only (5)
- Problem 1.5.4 part (a) (Draw the Venn diagrams for parrts
(e,f,g) only of Problem 1.5.3) (5)
- Problem 1.5.4 part (b) (5) (Draw the Venn diagram with four loops.)
- Problem 1.6.5 (10)
Last modified 24 January 2012