My work at UMass focuses on using Machine Learning to model various learning problems in the domain of natural language understanding, information extraction etc.
I currently work on Medical Text corpora, using Machine Learning to extract usable structured information from noisy unstructured text. My work uses methods from
frameworks like Probabilistic Graphical Models, Neural Networks, Convex Optimization etc.
Before starting at UMass, I worked at Samsung in Embedded Software Division. Before that, I was doing my undergrad from Dept of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
- Abhyuday Jagannatha, Hong Yu. Structured Prediction Models for RNN based Sequence Labeling in Clinical Text. To appear in the proceedings of EMNLP'16. (PDF,Code)
- Abhyuday Jagannatha, Hong Yu. Bidirectional Recurrent Neural Networks for Medical Event Detection in Electronic Health Records. In Proceedings of NAACL-HLT'16 . (PDF, Code)
- Feifan Liu, Jinying Chen, Abhyuday Jagannatha, Hong Yu. Learning for Biomedical Information Extraction: Methodological Review of Recent Advances. Under review at Briefings in Bioinformatics.(PDF)
- Abhyuday Jagannatha, Jinying Chen, Hong Yu. Mining and Ranking Biomedical Synonym Candidates from Wikipedia. In Proceedings of Sixth International Workshop on Health Text Mining and Information Analysis (EMNLP'15 Workshop).(PDF)
- Abhishek Sharma, Anamika Dubey, A N Jagannatha, R S Anand . Pose invariant face recognition based on hybrid-global linear regression . Neural Computing and Applications 19 (8): 1227-1235 (2010). (Link)
For any questions related to my work/papers or any other queries please contact me at my email : my first name at cs dot umass dot edu.