I am a MS/PhD student at the College of Information and Computer Sciences at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. I work in the Database Group with Prof. Gerome Miklau and Prof. Alexandra Meliou.
140 Governors Drive University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003 US
Research Assisstant, Supervised by Prof. Gerome Miklau & Prof. Alexandra Meliou• 09/2011 -
• Implemented a prototype system to estimate the runtime and financial cost of running a Hadoop
program in the cloud
• Proposed a model that can model mapper/reducer concurrency in MapReduce
• Developed a log parser to analyze Hadoop logs
Research Intern, Supervised by Dr. Yeye He• 05/2016 - 08/2016
• Implemented a prototype system to extract relational data from the web
Software Engineering Intern, Supervised by Dr. Lin Qiao• 06/2014 - 09/2014
• Implemented a prototype system to generate distributed workflow execution plan
Research Intern, Supervised by Dr. Haixun Wang • 02/2010 - 09/2010
• Implemented a prototype system to perform concept-based web search, which is not supported by major search engines. A related paper has been accepted by ER’12.
• Received “Stars of Tomorrow” certificate at MSRA for excellent performance
Undergraduate Research Assistant, Supervised by Prof. Shuigeng Zhou • 09/2008 - 12/2009
• Participated in the research project on data management in P2P networks. Implemented a DHT-based index and wrote a paper as a co-author. The paper has been accepted by TPDS.
ACM-ICPC Northeast US Regional Preliminary Competition • 2011
Microsoft Research Asia • 2010
East China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling • 2009
Fudan University • 2008
ACM-ICPC Regional Contests • 2007
National Olympiad in Informatics• 2006