I am a Ph.D. candidate in the College of Information and Computer Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, and I am a member of the Database and Information Management Lab. I am advised by Prof. Alexandra Meliou and Prof. Azza Abouzied (NYU Abu Dhabi). My research interests include data management, information retrieval and natural language processing.
During summer 2017, I interned at Microsoft Research, in the Data Management, Exploration and Mining (DMX) group. During summer 2016, I interned at IBM Watson. During spring 2016, I visited NYU Abu Dhabi, UAE. During summer 2015, I visited the AMPLab at the University of California, Berkeley. During my Master's studies, I visited the Data-Intensive Systems group at Aarhus University, Denmark. During my Bachelor's studies, I interned in the Database Lab at the University of California, Riverside.
- Package Builder — a system that extends query engines to support package generation.
- A Scalable Execution Engine for Package Queries . SIGMOD Record 2017. Paper
- Scalable Package Queries in Relational Database Systems . VLDB 2016. Paper — Paper (Extended Version on arXiv) — Poster — Slides ACM SIGMOD Research Highlight Award — Award website
- Improving Package Recommendations through Query Relaxation . Data4U 2014 at VLDB 2014. Paper — Slides
- PackageBuilder: From Tuples to Packages . VLDB 2014. Paper — Poster — Challenge Poster
- PackageBuilder: Querying for packages of Tuples . SIGMOD 2014. Undergraduate Research Poster
Metric Spaces for Temporal Information Retrieval
Paper — Slides
- Recognising and Interpreting Named Temporal Expressions . RANLP 2013. Paper Nominated for "Best Young Researcher" award