This page is a master list of all assignments and due dates for the course. It will be updated as assignments are made available.
Assignments are due at 10:00am, unless otherwise noted.
Solutions, when available, are password-protected; the course username and password are on the Moodle site.
Note that the estimated time to complete each assignment is just that: an estimate. It assumes that you are a competent programmer, and that you have had no difficulty with in-class content and prior assignments. If these assumptions are not true, you will want to budget more time. In particular, don’t take an estimated time of, say, an hour to mean that it’s OK to start at 9am on the due date. Start assignments early so the course staff can clarify points of confusion for you and give you time to complete the assignment.
- Due Feb 01 Wed: Assignment 01: Intro
- Due Feb 06 Mon: Assignment 02: Hexdump [solution]
- Due Feb 08 Wed: Assignment 03: Introduction to Digital Forensics [solution]
- Due Feb 16 Thu: Assignment 04: Strings
- Midterm 1: Feb 23 Thu (in class)
- Due Mar
04 Sat07 Tue: Assignment 05: JPEG and Exif
- Due Mar 09 Thu: Assignment 06: Search, Possession, NITs [solution]
- Midterm 2: Apr 06 Thu (in class)
- Exam May 04 Thu 10:30am in Morrill I N375