Room 226, Computer Science Building
140 Governors Drive, Amherst, MA 01003
NEWSI am currently looking for a summer research internship!
ABOUTI am a Ph.D. student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst School of Computer Science, working in the Center for Forensics with Prof. Brian Levine.
My current work focuses on developing time series analysis techniques to exploit patterns in mobile device usage.
I graduated with a B.Sc. with Honors in Computer Science at the University of Alberta in 2011, where my studies were focused in both neuroscience and computer science. I worked at the SCOPE Neuroscience Lab under the supervision of Prof. Florin Dolcos, studying the neural correlates of human social interaction behavior using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) techniques.
My main research interests involve time series analysis of continuous data streams, and using machine learning techniques to improve security in technology.
- Sung, K., Levine, B. N., & Liberatore, M. (2014). Location Privacy without Carrier Cooperation. In IEEE Workshop on Mobile System Technologies.
- Soroush, H., Sung, K., Learned-Miller, E., Levine, B. N., & Liberatore, M. (2013). Turning Off GPS is Not Enough: Cellular location leaks over the Internet. In Privacy Enhancing Technologies (pp. 103-122). Springer Berlin Heidelberg. [poster]
- Dolcos, S., Sung, K., Argo, J. J., Flor-Henry, S., & Dolcos, F. (2012). The power of a handshake: Neural correlates of evaluative judgments in observed social interactions. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 24(12), 2292-2305.
- Dolcos, S., Sung, K., Denkova, E., Dixon, R. A., & Dolcos, F. (2011). Brain imaging investigation of the neural correlates of emotion regulation. Journal of Visualized Experiments, (54).
- Sung, K., Dolcos, S., Flor-Henry, S., Zhou, C., Gasior, C., Argo, J., & Dolcos, F. (2011). Brain imaging investigation of the neural correlates of observing virtual social interactions. Journal of Visualized Experiments, (53).
- Denkova, E., Wong, G., Dolcos, S., Sung, K., Wang, L., Coupland, N., & Dolcos, F. (2010). The impact of anxiety-inducing distraction on cognitive performance: a combined brain imaging and personality investigation. PLoS ONE, 5(11), e14150.