Jiepu Jiang (姜捷璞)
Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval
College of Information and Computer Science
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Email: jpjiang (at) cs (dot) umass (dot) edu
My CV (last update: Dec. 2015)
Hello, I am Jiepu Jiang. I am an
computer information scientist.
I try to understand information and search from different perspectives.
Currently I am a graduate student at the College of Information and Computer Science, UMass Amherst.
I work with Professor James Allan on information retrieval.
- Interactive IR; evaluation of interactive retrieval systems; simulation of user interaction in IR
- Search query; human querying behavior
- Computational methods for scientific discovery and scholarly communication
- Jiepu Jiang, James Allan. 2016. Adaptive Effort for Search Evaluation Metrics. In ECIR '16. (to appear) [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, Chaoqun Ni. 2016. What Affects Word Changes in Query Reformulation During a Task-based Search Session? In CHIIR '16. (to appear) [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, James Allan. 2016. Correlation Between System and User Metrics in a Session. In CHIIR '16. (to appear) [pdf]
- Julia Kiseleva, Kyle Williams, Jiepu Jiang, Ahmed Hassan Awadallah, Imed Zitouni, Aidan Crook and Tasos Anastasakos. 2016. Understanding User Satisfaction with Intelligent Assistants. In CHIIR '16. (to appear)
- Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Zhen Yue, Jiepu Jiang. 2016. Exploring the Contextual Support for Collaborative Information Retrieval. In CHIIR '16. (to appear)
- Chaoqun Ni, Jiepu Jiang. 2016. Visualizing Computer Science Communities Using Conference Hashtags. In iConference 2016. (to appear) [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, James Allan. 2016. Reducing Click and Skip Errors in Search Result Ranking. In WSDM '16. (to appear) [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, Ahmed Hassan Awadallah, Rosie Jones, Umut Ozertem, Imed Zitouni, Ranjitha Gurunath Kulkarni, and Omar Zia Khan. 2015. Automatic Online Evaluation of Intelligent Assistants. In WWW '15. [pdf] [data]
- Wei Jeng, Daqing He, Jiepu Jiang. 2015. User Participation in an Academic Social Networking Service: A Survey of Open Group Users on Mendeley. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 66(5): 890-904. URL
- Jiepu Jiang, Ahmed Hassan Awadallah, Xiaolin Shi, and Ryen W. White. 2015. Understanding and Predicting Graded Search Satisfaction. In WSDM '15. [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He, James Allan. 2014. Searching, Browsing, and Clicking in a Search Session: Changes of User Behaviors by Tasks and Over Time. In SIGIR'14. [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, James Allan. 2014. Necessary and Frequent Terms in Queries. In SIGIR'14. [pdf]
- Zhen Yue, Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Jiepu Jiang. 2014. Influences on Query Reformulation in Collaborative Web Search. IEEE Computer, 47(3), 46-53.
- Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He. 2013. Pitt at TREC 2013: Different Effects of Click-through and Past Queries on Whole-session Search Performance. In Proceedings of the 22nd Text REtrieval Conference (TREC 2013). [pdf] [slides]
- Wei Jeng, Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He. 2013. Users' Perceived Difficulties and Corresponding Reformulation Strategies in Voice Search. To appear in HCIR 2013. [pdf]
- Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Jiepu Jiang, Zhen Yue. 2013. Supporting Exploratory People Search: A Study of Factor Transparency and User Control. To appear in the 22nd ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'13), San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Jiepu Jiang, Wei Jeng, Daqing He. 2013. How Do Users Respond to Voice Input Errors? Lexical and Phonetic Query Reformulation in Voice Search. In Proceedings of the 36th international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval (SIGIR'13), Dublin, Ireland: 143-152. [pdf] [slides]
- Jiepu Jiang, Chaoqun Ni, Daqing He, Wei Jeng. 2013. Mendeley Group as A New Source of Interdisciplinarity Study: How Do Disciplines Interact on Mendeley? In Proceedings of the 13th ACM/IEEE-CS joint conference on Digital libraries (JCDL'13), Indianapolis, IN, USA: 135-138. [pdf] [slides]
- Chaoqun Ni, Cassidy R. Sugimoto, Jiepu Jiang. 2013. Venue-Author-Coupling: A novel measure of identifying disciplines through author communities. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 64(2): 265-279. [link]
- Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR), UMass Amherst
- Information Retrieval, Integration and Synthesis Lab (IRIS), University of Pittsburgh
- IR Lab, Center for Studies of Information Resources (CSIR), Wuhan University
My major collaborators outside UMass:
Daqing He (Pitt),
Wei Lu (Wuhan),
Shuguang Han (Pitt),
Wei Jeng (Pitt),
Zhen Yue (Yahoo),
Chaoqun Ni (Simmons),
Cassidy R. Sugimoto (Indiana),
Ahmed Hassan Awadallah (MSR)
Last update: Dec. 2015
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.