Jiepu Jiang (姜捷璞)
Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval,
School of Computer Science,
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Email: jpjiang (at) cs (dot) umass (dot) edu
My CV (last update: 12/1/2013)
Hello, I am Jiepu Jiang. I am an
computer information scientist.
I try to understand information and search from different perspectives.
Currently I am a graduate student at School of Computer Science, University of Massachusetts Amherst.
I work with Professor James Allan on information retrieval.
- Interactive IR; evaluation of interactive retrieval systems; simulation of user interaction in IR
- Search query; human querying behavior
- Computational methods for scientific discovery and scholarly communication
- Jiepu Jiang, James Allan. 2014. Necessary and Frequent Terms in Queries. To appear in SIGIR'14.
- Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He, James Allan. 2014. Searching, Browsing, and Clicking in a Search Session: Changes of User Behaviors by Tasks and Over Time. To appear in SIGIR'14.
- Wei Jeng, Daqing He, Jiepu Jiang. 2014. User Participation in an Academic Social Networking Service: A Survey of Open Group Users on Mendeley. To appear in JASIST.
- Zhen Yue, Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Jiepu Jiang. 2014. Influences on Query Reformulation in Collaborative Web Search. IEEE Computer, 47(3), 46-53.
- Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He. 2013. Pitt at TREC 2013: Different Effects of Click-through and Past Queries on Whole-session Search Performance. In Proceedings of the 22nd Text REtrieval Conference (TREC 2013). [pdf] [slides]
- Wei Jeng, Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He. 2013. Users' Perceived Difficulties and Corresponding Reformulation Strategies in Voice Search. To appear in HCIR 2013. [pdf]
- Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Jiepu Jiang, Zhen Yue. 2013. Supporting Exploratory People Search: A Study of Factor Transparency and User Control. To appear in the 22nd ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'13), San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Jiepu Jiang, Wei Jeng, Daqing He. 2013. How Do Users Respond to Voice Input Errors? Lexical and Phonetic Query Reformulation in Voice Search. In Proceedings of the 36th international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval (SIGIR'13), Dublin, Ireland: 143-152. [pdf] [slides]
- Jiepu Jiang, Chaoqun Ni, Daqing He, Wei Jeng. 2013. Mendeley Group as A New Source of Interdisciplinarity Study: How Do Disciplines Interact on Mendeley? In Proceedings of the 13th ACM/IEEE-CS joint conference on Digital libraries (JCDL'13), Indianapolis, IN, USA: 135-138. [pdf] [slides]
- Chaoqun Ni, Cassidy R. Sugimoto, Jiepu Jiang. 2013. Venue-Author-Coupling: A novel measure of identifying disciplines through author communities. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 64(2): 265-279. [link]
- Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He, Shuguang Han. 2012. On Duplicate Results in a Search Session. In Proceedings of the 21st Text REtrieval Conference (TREC 2012). [pdf] [slides]
- Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He, Shuguang Han, Zhen Yue, Chaoqun Ni. 2012. Contextual Evaluation of Query Reformulations in a Search Session by User Simulation. In Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM '12): 2635-2638. (poster) [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, Zhen Yue, Shuguang Han, Daqing He. 2012. Finding readings for scientists from social websites. In Proceeding of the 35th international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval (SIGIR '12), 1075-1076. (poster) [pdf] [ACM DL]
- Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval (CIIR), UMass Amherst
- Information Retrieval, Integration and Synthesis Lab (IRIS), University of Pittsburgh
- IR Lab, Center for Studies of Information Resources (CSIR), Wuhan University
My major collaborators outside UMass:
Cassidy R. Sugimoto
Last update: 4/15/2014
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.