Jiepu Jiang (姜捷璞)
Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval
College of Information and Computer Science
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Email: jpjiang (at) cs (dot) umass (dot) edu
I am looking for a tenure-track assistant professor position starting at Fall 2017.
My CV, Research Statement
- Intelligent and interactive retrieval systems; human-computer interaction in IR
- Exploratory data analytics
- Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He, Diane Kelly, James Allan. 2017. Understanding
Emphemeral State of Relevance. To appear in CHIIR '17. [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, James Allan. 2016. Adaptive Effort for Search Evaluation
Metrics. In ECIR '16.[pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, Chaoqun Ni. 2016. What Affects Word Changes in Query
Reformulation During a Task-based Search Session? In CHIIR '16. [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, James Allan. 2016. Correlation Between System and User Metrics
in a Session. In CHIIR '16.
- Julia Kiseleva, Kyle Williams, Jiepu Jiang, Ahmed Hassan Awadallah, Imed
Zitouni, Aidan Crook and Tasos Anastasakos. 2016. Understanding User Satisfaction with Intelligent Assistants.
In CHIIR '16. [acm dl]
- Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Zhen Yue, Jiepu Jiang. 2016. Exploring the
Contextual Support for Collaborative Information Retrieval. In CHIIR '16. [acm dl]
- Chaoqun Ni, Jiepu Jiang. 2016. Visualizing Computer Science Communities
Using Conference Hashtags. In iConference 2016. (to appear) [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, James Allan. 2016. Reducing Click and Skip Errors in Search
Result Ranking. In WSDM '16. (to appear) [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, Ahmed Hassan Awadallah, Rosie Jones, Umut Ozertem, Imed
Zitouni, Ranjitha Gurunath Kulkarni, and Omar Zia Khan. 2015. Automatic Online Evaluation of Intelligent
Assistants. In WWW '15. [pdf] [data]
- Wei Jeng, Daqing He, Jiepu Jiang. 2015. User Participation in an Academic
Social Networking Service: A Survey of Open Group Users on Mendeley. Journal of the Association for Information
Science and Technology, 66(5): 890-904. URL
- Jiepu Jiang, Ahmed Hassan Awadallah, Xiaolin Shi, and Ryen W. White. 2015.
Understanding and Predicting Graded Search Satisfaction. In WSDM '15. [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He, James Allan. 2014. Searching, Browsing, and
Clicking in a Search Session: Changes of User Behaviors by Tasks and Over Time. In SIGIR'14. [pdf]
- Jiepu Jiang, James Allan. 2014. Necessary and Frequent Terms in Queries. In
- Zhen Yue, Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Jiepu Jiang. 2014. Influences on Query
Reformulation in Collaborative Web Search. IEEE Computer, 47(3), 46-53.
- Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He. 2013. Pitt at TREC 2013: Different Effects of
Click-through and Past Queries on Whole-session Search Performance. In Proceedings of the 22nd Text REtrieval
Conference (TREC 2013). [pdf] [slides]
- Wei Jeng, Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He. 2013. Users' Perceived Difficulties and
Corresponding Reformulation Strategies in Voice Search. To appear in HCIR 2013. [pdf]
- Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Jiepu Jiang, Zhen Yue. 2013. Supporting
Exploratory People Search: A Study of Factor Transparency and User Control. To appear in the 22nd ACM
International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'13), San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Jiepu Jiang, Wei Jeng, Daqing He. 2013. How Do Users Respond to Voice Input
Errors? Lexical and Phonetic Query Reformulation in Voice Search. In Proceedings of the 36th international ACM
SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval (SIGIR'13), Dublin, Ireland: 143-152. [pdf] [slides]
Last update: Dec, 2016
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.