Welcome to my home page. I'm a PhD candidate at the Laboratory for Perceptual Robotics at the University of Massachusetts Amherst under the supervision of Professor Roderic A. Grupen. Other professors that I frequently collaborate with include Shlomo Zilberstein from School of Computer Science and Yu-Kyong Choe from Department of Communication Disorders at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Before joining UMass, I conducted my MS at Stanford University and BS at Yonsei University.
I am largely interested in various aspects of human robot interaction, especially in a residential setting. One thread of my research concerns physical therapy using service robots where they are used to provide necessary physical/occupational therapies for the patient. I investigate how patients, practitioners, and robots can work together to maximize the quality of therapeutic service. Another thread is to assist the population of special needs with various house chores. The last thread concerns the research practice to introduce service robots to existing stake holders in a non-invasive manner.
The link to my academic genealogy (yet incomplete). It includes the famous Johann Peter Gustav Lejeune Dirichlet, Jean-Baptiste Joseph Fourier, Carl Friedrich Gauß, Joseph Louis Lagrange, Pierre-Simon Laplace, Simeon Denis Poisson (in lexical order).
News for 2015
- I will give a seminar at Seoul National University (SNU) on AUG 26.
- I will give a seminar at Rehabilitation Center, Heeyeon Hospital on AUG 17.
- I will give a seminar at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) on AUG 11.
- I will give a seminar at Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) on AUG 5.
- I will give a seminar at Yonsei University on AUG 4.
- My paper Adaptive Therapy Strategies: Efficacy and Learning Framework was accepted to the IEEE/RAS-EMBS ICORR'15.
- I was elected a PC Co-Chair for the ACM/IEEE HRI'16 Pioneers Workshop.
- My research abstract was accepted to the ACM IUI'15 Student Consortium.
- My research abstract was accepted to the ACM/IEEE HRI'15 Pioneers Workshop.
- My paper Learning Therapy Strategies from Demonstration Using Latent Dirichlet Allocation was accepted to the ACM IUI'15. (accept rate=22.9%)