CMPSCI 401: Theory of Computation
Second Midterm Exam
David Mix Barrington
10 April 2008
- Answer the problems on the exam pages.
- There are seven problems on pages 2-6,
for 120 total.
Probable scale is somewhere around A=105, C=70.
- If you need extra space use the back of a page.
- No books, notes, calculators, or collaboration.
- The first four questions are each statements which you are to determine
to be true or false. You get five points for a correct boolean answer (so there
is no reason not to guess if you are not sure) and up to five for a convincing
justification (proof, counterexample, quotation from the text or from lecture,
Q1: 10 points
Q2: 10 points
Q3: 10 points
Q4: 10 points
Q5: 20 points
Q6: 30 points
Q7: 30 points
Total: 120 points
Last modified 13 April 2008