I am a graduate student in the Computer Science Department at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. My advisor is Andrew McCallum. I obtained my Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from Harvey Mudd College in 2009.
I am an organizer for the Machine Learning and Friends Lunch. Let me know if you would like to give a talk!
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst (August 2009 - present) - Developing probabilistic graphical models for analyzing the thematic structure of document collections.
- Google Research, Mountain View, California (Summer 2013)
- Microsoft Research, Mountain View, California (Summer 2010) - Worked on a project focused on extracting product attribute values from product descriptions.
- Microsoft Research, Bangalore, India (Summer 2008) - Contributed to two projects. The first one was about domain adaptation for cross-language information retrieval. The second one focused on mining transliterations of out-of-vocabulary query terms for cross-language information retrieval.
- FICO, San Rafael, CA and Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA (August 2008 - May 2009) - I was a member of a team that developed a collaboration-enhancing system that finds users with similar interests based on the topics covered in their emails.
- Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, California (Summer 2007) - Worked on implementing and improving algorithms that recognize elements of digital logical circuits drawn on tablet PCs.
- Anton Bakalov, Andrew McCallum, Hanna Wallach and David Mimno. Topic Models for Taxonomies. In Proceedings of the Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL), Washington, DC, USA, 2012 [pdf]
- Jinyoung Kim, Bruce Croft, David Smith and Anton Bakalov. Evaluating an Associative Browsing Model for Personal Information. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Glasgow, UK, 2011 [pdf]
- Anton Bakalov, Ariel Fuxman, Partha Talukdar, and Soumen Chakrabarti. SCAD: Collective Discovery of Attribute Values. In Proceedings of the International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), Hyderabad, India, 2011 [pdf]
- Jinyoung Kim, Anton Bakalov, David Smith, and Bruce Croft. Building a Semantic Representation for Personal Information. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Toronto, Canada, 2010 [pdf]
- Raghavendra Udupa, Saravanan K, Anton Bakalov and Abhijit Bhole. “They are out there, if you know where to look”: Mining Transliterations of OOV Query Terms for Cross-Language Information Retrieval. In Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR), Toulouse, France, 2009 [pdf]
Computer Science Building
140 Governors Drive
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003